Manganese: Manganese Sulfate 31% (Mn), 18% Sulfur (S).
Chemical Formula: MnSO4⋅4H2O
OMRI listed for Organic Use.
Manganese is essential for many plant functions. Some of them are:
- The assimilation of carbon dioxide in photosynthesis.
- It aids in the synthesis of chlorophyll and in nitrate assimilation.
- Manganese activates fat forming enzymes.
- It functions in the formation of riboflavin, ascorbic acid, and carotene.
- It functions in electron transport during photosynthesis.
- It is involved in the Hill Reaction where water is split during photosynthesis.