Copper, also known as: Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate 25% Cu, 12.5% S
Chemical Formula: CuSO4i5H2O
OMRI certified Copper sulfate.
Copper is essential for many plant functions. Some of them are:
- It functions as a catalyst in photosynthesis and respiration.
- It is a constituent of several enzyme systems involved in building and converting amino acids to proteins.
- Copper is important in carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
- It is important to the formation of lignin in plant cell walls which contributes to the structural strength of the cells, and the plant.
- Copper also affects the flavor, the storageability, and the sugar content of fruits.